Reception House Waterloo Region delivers the CSS program locally for the Kitchener-Waterloo Region and connects government assisted refugees to important services upon their first week of arrival. These include:
- Skilled staff, who are fluent in a wide range of languages, works closely with the Resettlement Assistance Program and the Life Skills Program in order to provide coordinated services.
- Collaboration with medical and counseling programs to provide health services.
- Specialized support and activities for Youth provided by a Youth Outreach Worker.
- Advocacy and Outreach: CSS Kitchener provides presentations for community organizations to promote awareness and understanding about government assisted refugee needs
What’s New at Reception House?
- New Canadian Youth Connections 2019 Year in Review2019 was a big year for our New Canadian Youth Connections Program!
- A Closer Look: Case Managers at Reception House
- Conestoga College PR students lead successful fundraising campaigns despite pandemic
- This former refugee learned English and got a job. This is her story.
- Why I volunteer: Fiorella Benini
- What does it mean to ‘Walk with Refugees’ during COVID-19?
- Refugee Health Clinic continues to help newcomers amidst COVID-19
- Partner Spotlight: Kitchener Public Library
- Partner Spotlight: Habitat for Humanity
- Not Another Gala 2020 Update